Baby Naming and Family Celebration Ceremonies are a beautiful and memorable way to celebrate the birth of a child, adoption, welcoming stepchildren, or the blending of two families. Many parents, married, unmarried, gay, lesbian, straight, religious and non-religious, wish to celebrate family arrivals and new beginnings with a ceremony to affirm their love, commitment and promises to the child and to each other, surrounded by family and friends (or as a family-only affair).
Customising Your Baby Naming or Family Celebration Ceremony
Your ceremony is completely customised to you, and Catherine will design something specially tailored to you and your guests. Some ideas could include:
- Lighting a candle as a symbol of new life coming into the world, or asking the light to guide and protect the family or the new arrival, and making promises and commitments to nurture and support the child or new family, as they grow.
- A tree or rose bush planting (in your own garden or that of a family or friend) with a ceremony around the tree to symbolise the start of new life or a new family chapter, signified with strong roots and the promise to care and nourish your new family, baby or child.
- Involving older children or step children by having them read a poem they have written, sing a song or play an instrument, to help them feel part of the new family or additional family member.
- Using the ceremony to make the formal announcement of the new baby’s name or adopted child and the reasons behind the choice of name.
- Using the ceremony to formally announce the names of adults who will have a special relationship with the baby (similar to the role of Godparents in religious ceremonies) using religious or non-religious, interfaith customs and words.
Catherine can incorporate most ideas and provide guidance on how to make your baby naming or family celebration ceremony a beautiful occasion you will never forget. You might want to write and recite vows, or have Catherine speak to convey what you want the occasion to express.
Your German was flawless and my family was highly impressed!
Hiring you to perform the ceremony is the best decision we’ve ever made!
After our wedding, so many people commented on how wonderful you were. You kept it interesting and fun and you were everything we could have possibly hoped for in an officiant.
People really enjoyed the way you told our story and your French was bang on!
Catherine was so wonderful that we’ve already had people ask for her contact information so she can do weddings for their relatives.
You are not only such a professional, but so warm, a lovely speaker, and did such an amazing job of customizing everything to our unique needs. I can’t tell you how many people remarked on just how wonderful a job you did.
We cannot thank you enough for your wonderful officiating of our marriage. We continue to receive praise for our ceremony. It was all we could have imagined, hoped and dreamed.
It was a pleasure working with you to create an interfaith ceremony that was intimate, personal, and most importantly, meaningful to us. We are so happy as we reminisce about our special day.
We were so thrilled with how it all turned out and felt that the ceremony you scripted for us was perfect. Your command of the audience was excellent and your suggestions really made for the perfect wedding.
At very short notice Catherine Kentridge agreed to come to our home and marry us in front of a couple dozen close friends. She was well-prepared, kind, and professional. I could not recommend her more highly.
You were like part of the family.
It was a joy to listen to you. Your voice is like music.
What a beautiful, elegant wedding. We are so glad we found you. You were just perfect for our ceremony.
What a lovely ceremony. You are a natural for this. You have such presence and radiate such a sense of joy. And your accent is to die for!
We have received so many compliments on the beautiful way the ceremony was set up.
You are a lovely speaker and a true professional—your guidance and advice on creating a custom ceremony was greatly appreciated! You were a delight to work with!
Thank you for giving us the wedding we had dreamed of for eight years. It was perfect!
Where and When
A baby naming or family celebration ceremony can take place any time anywhere at a place to suit you and your family and does not need to be local to where you live. Many parents choose their own home or garden, but ceremonies can also be held at a hotel or a special venue which has meaning to the family. (Please note if it is a public place, such as a park or beach, you may need permission from the local authority and should check with them first).
Please be aware a baby naming ceremony or family celebration ceremony holds no legal status and does not replace the official requirement to register your baby’s birth or adoption at your local registry office within the legal time span.